CHAMPIONS FOR KIDS – GE ENERGY SMART® CHALLENGE SPONSORED BY GE LIGHTING
Official Rules 2012
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID ANYWHERE OUTSIDE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Eligibility: Champions For Kids – GE Energy Smart® Challenge Sponsored by GE Lighting (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, and the District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and their immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, step parents, step children and step siblings) of General Electric Company (“Sponsor”), bottlerocket marketing group, LLC (“Administrator”) Champions For Kids (“Promotional Partner”), and their respective affiliated companies, sponsors, subsidiaries, advertising agencies and third party fulfillment agencies (collectively, with Sponsor, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to: (a) be bound by these Official Rules and by the interpretations of these Official Rules by Sponsor, and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes and (b) release and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective agents, employees, officers, directors, successors and assigns, against any and all claims, injury or damage arising out of or relating to participation in this Sweepstakes and/or the use or misuse or redemption of a prize, and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action.
3. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes commences at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 15, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on November 30, 2012 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. How To Enter: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit http://www.championsforkids.org/ge (the “Sweepstakes Microsite”). Once at the Sweepstakes Microsite open the GE Energy Smart® Savings Calculator (the “Savings Calculator”), and follow the onscreen prompts to select a method of calculating your savings and to estimate how many bulbs could be changed in your home, in order to receive an annual estimated savings figure. Then, fill out all required information on the entry form on the Sweepstakes Microsite, including specifying which “School” or “Charity” you would like to nominate for the chance to win one (1) one hundred dollar ($100) Walmart gift card, and click submit (hereinafter an “Entry”). There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person (and therefore one (1) nomination), per person, regardless of email address used, throughout the Sweepstakes Period. All Entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the relevant Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter. Any attempt by a participant to obtain more than the allowable Entries by using multiple/different e-mail addresses, identities or any other online methods will void all of that participant’s Entries.
5. Random Drawings/Prizes/Odds of Winning/Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Beginning on November 1, 2012 and lasting for the remainder of the Sweepstakes Period, each day at approximately 10:00 am ET, there will be one (1) daily random drawing (each a “Daily Drawing”), performed from among all eligible Entries received up to the time of each Daily Drawing, in order to select one (1) potential daily prize (“Daily Prize”) winner, from each Daily Drawing. The Daily Prize is one (1) one hundred dollar ($100) Walmart gift card with an ARV of one hundred dollars ($100). Non-winning Entries WILL be carried forward into subsequent Daily Drawings, if any. Once confirmed as an official Daily Prize winner, as detailed below, the “School” or “Charity” that was nominated on the applicable Daily Prize winner’s entry form (in accordance with contact information and/or to a contact that Sponsor determines is best) will receive the Daily Prize of one (1) one hundred dollar ($100) Walmart gift card. The odds of being selected as a Daily Prize winner depend upon the total number of eligible Entries for the applicable Daily Drawing. The total ARV of all Sweepstakes prizes available to be awarded herein is three thousand dollars ($3,000).
6. General Prize Conditions: In no event will Sponsor be responsible for awarding more than the stated number of Daily Prizes herein. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive. Gift cards are subject to the stated and standard terms and conditions. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for any prize in whole or in part will be permitted, except at Sponsor's sole discretion, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of greater or comparable value
7. Daily Prize Winner Notification/Verification/Fulfillment: All potential Daily Prize winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. By entering, entrants give their express permission to be contacted by Sponsor or Administrator at the contact information provided upon entry. Potential Daily Prize winners may be notified by phone and/or email on or about one (1) business day after the applicable Daily Drawing, in order to confirm a delivery and/or contact address, or any other necessary information that may be needed to properly fulfill the Daily Prize to the nominated School or Charity, or, alternatively, the Sweepstakes Entities may simply mail the Daily Prize to the School or Charity address and contact specified on the entry form. If for any reason, proper contact information cannot be provided, Sponsor may simply mail the prize to the entrant, at an address provided via communications, and all obligations would be fulfilled. If for any reason the School or Charity nominated by a potential Daily Prize winner is found to not exist or not be in good standing, or is not allowed to receive the prize for any reason, such potential Daily Prize winner will forfeit such prize, and an alternate will be selected. If any notification attempts to a potential Daily Prize winner fail, for any reason, or if a prize or notification attempt is undeliverable, or if potential prize winner does not respond to and/or provide the requested information to Administrator within seven (7) days of notification attempt, such potential Daily Prize winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected. By entering, all entrants and winners hereby consent to the use by the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective designees of their entry and all information contained therein, including but not limited to, name, likeness, image, nominees, statements and/or other indicia of persona, and personally identifiable information (collectively “Likeness”), for any and all uses in any manner and purposes in and all any media now known or hereinafter developed throughout the world (including the World Wide Web) without additional consideration (where legal), consent or prior review, and upon request will provide written consent to such use (if necessary). All decisions of Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final.
8. General Terms: Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error, which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or other services, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, including or the Sweepstakes Microsite, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prize winner. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Sweepstakes Microsite, or elsewhere as Sponsor sees fit, and the Daily Prizes will be awarded via random drawing from among all eligible entries received up until and or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. No software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entries are permitted. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual they suspect or find: (i) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online entry; (ii) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; (iii) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (iv) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (v) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree that the Sweepstakes Entities; (a) shall not be responsible or liable for, and hereby release the Sweepstakes Entities from, any claims, losses, damages or injuries of any kind (including death) resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or from acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use/misuse or inability to use a prize, and (b) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to a prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity that may be caused or contributed to (1) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of their agents, servants, employees or independent contractors; (2) by any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not an employee of the Sweepstakes Entities; or (3) by any other cause, condition or event whatsoever beyond the control of the Sweepstakes Entities. Failure of Sponsor to enforce any provision herein shall not be deemed a waiver of such. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification or administrative purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO ANY ENTRANT OR WINNER FOR DAMAGES THAT EXCEED THE VALUE OF THE PRIZE TO BE AWARDED TO THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
9. Request for the Name of Winners: For the names of the Daily Prize winners, available after the Sweepstakes Period has ended, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, to be received by 1/31/13, to: Champions For Kids – GE Energy Smart® Challenge Sponsored By GE Lighting, c/o bottlerocket marketing group, LLC, 298 Fifth Avenue, 2nd Floor, New York, NY, 10001.
10. Sponsor: General Electric Company, 1975 Noble Road, Cleveland, OH, 44112.