An education is an important thing. Imagine your world without the ability to read, to add and subtract. Where would you be? How would you survive? Here are 10 great quotes on education from men and women from all walks of life who knew how important an education is.
- Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
- One of the few things a person is willing to pay for and not get.
~William Lowe Bryan
- Education is a progressive discovery of our ignorance.
- The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.”
- Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.”
- Education is the kindling of a flame, not the filling of a vessel.”
- The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.
- The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who’ll get me a book I ain’t read.
- An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Some of the biggest Champions for Kids are educators! Help support our teachers through simple service projects.