Last week we talked about the importance of a healthy breakfast. Sometimes it can be hard to come up with healthy yet different breakfasts that are still quick and easy. I wanted to write this post because I know many of you see hungry kids at the bus stop, or during the summer roaming the neighborhood. I know it’s hard to provide meals for everyone so I came up with 10 breakfast ideas that are EASY and STRESS free! Here are 10 easy and healthy breakfasts you can take on the go.
- Peanut Butter Banana Toast – Nothing is better than a quick and easy breakfast that is still well balanced, flavorful, and easy to make.
- Toast 2 slices whole grain bread.
- Add a thin layer of peanut butter to each slice.
- Top 1 slice with sliced bananas.
- Put the slices together and you have a healthy and easy breakfast.
- Fruit Parfait – Easy and delicious, these can be prepared the evening before. All you need to do is add the nuts or granola in the morning. Grab and go? Prep the night before and put a small baggie or container of granola with it. Don’t forget the spoon!
- Yogurt – low fat, plain or vanilla. Plain yogurt is the healthiest.
- Fruit – Berries, bananas, chunks of apple, mandarin slices, peaches, and dried cranberries are great options.
- Granola or nuts
- Layer your yogurt, then granola/nuts, then fruit. If you want, add a second layer.
- Bagel Sandwich and fruit
- Meat (optional)
- Cheese (optional)
Toast the bagel.
While the bagel is toasting, fry the egg in just a little butter or oil.
If using meat, a quick and easy way is to heat some lunch meat in the pan when the egg is finished.
Add a slice of cheese to the egg or thin layer of cream cheese to the bagel.
Assemble and eat or wrap to eat on the road.
- Muffins and fruit
- You can make any healthy muffins ahead of time.
- Wrap them well in plastic, then store in the freezer in a freezer bag.
- Pull your muffin out the evening before to defrost overnight or unwrap and put on a plate in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Add a fruit cup or favorite fresh fruit. Add a handful of nuts for a protein boost.
- Breakfast Bar, Yogurt, and Fruit
- Snack and Go Breakfast
- Fresh grapes and apple slices
- Individual sized cheese sticks or hummus
- Handful of nuts. Especially these ones pictured below. They are extra yummy!
- Pita, cut into wedge shaped pieces
To assemble this the evening before, toss apple slices in orange juice so they stay fresh and don’t brown.
- Oatmeal with fruit and seeds – Make up some oatmeal and top it with fresh or dried fruit, and sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or nuts.
- Veggie Toast
- 2 slices whole grain toast
- Cream Cheese
- Cucumber slices or sweet pepper slices
- Assemble as a sandwich.
Healthy and delicious!
- Yogurt, Fruit, and Toast
- Container of yogurt
- Fresh fruit or fruit cup
- Toast with butter, cream cheese, or peanut butter
- Cereal – Choose a healthy cereal and add blueberries, strawberries, bananas or peaches for a healthy and flavorful breakfast.
A healthy breakfast doesn’t have to be difficult or take long to make. Try these 10 healthy breakfasts to start your morning off right and fuel your body for the day ahead of you.