List of Suggested Items to Donate
Below are lists of suggested items you can ask people do donate during your #SummerStrong project. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
|Complete List||Personal Care Items||Food Items||Activity Items|
|Download List||Download List||Download List||Download List|
Below are lists of graphics you can use to spread the word during your #SummerStrong project. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
|Donation Flyer||Promotional Flyer||Informational Flyer||Espanol|
|Download File||Download File||Download File||Download File|
Champions For Kids Summer Strong Simple Service Promotion
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C. AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Organization Awards (as set forth below) will only be awarded to (i) a state accredited educational institution (grades pre-kindergarten through 12th grade, public, private or parochial), or (ii) a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to providing services to and otherwise assisting children and young adults (each a “Designated Organization”). Entry is made on behalf of the Designated Organization named on the entry form. The Promotion is only open to those individuals who are legal residents of the 50 U.S. states and D.C., who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry (“Nominators”), and only those individuals are eligible to enter their Designated Organization. Nominators are providing an Entry on behalf of their Designated Organization, and the Designated Organization selected will receive the Organization Award; no Nominator will receive an Organization Award. Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Champions for Kids (“Sponsor”), its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, promotion administrators (together “Sponsor and Promotion Parties”) and members of such employees’ immediate families, defined as spouses, parents, children, siblings (whether such family members are biological, adoptive, step or in-law) and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household of such employees are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Daylight Time (“CDT”) on May 15, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on July 27, 2015 ("Promotion Period"). The Promotion Period is divided into a nomination period and voting period. The nomination period begins at 12:00:00 a.m. CDT on May 15, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on June 30, 2015 (“Nomination Period”). The voting period begins at 12:00:00 a.m. CDT on July 11, 2015, and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on July 27, 2015 (“Voting Period”).
3. HOW TO NOMINATE: To nominate your school or organization, Nominators must visit www.championsforkids.org/share (the “Website”) during the Nomination Period, complete the entry form with all required information, including, without limitation, your name and contact information, the name, city and state of the Designated Organization, the approximate number of participants in your SIMPLE Service project (which must be or have been conducted between April 1, 2015 through June 30, 2015), the approximate number of children helped or item(s) donated in connection with your SIMPLE Service project, and an original essay of at least 100 words (in English) describing your SIMPLE Service project (an “Essay”) along with a photograph (each, a “Photograph”) and/or one (1) video (a “Video”) featuring your SIMPLE Service project and submit as instructed on-screen to receive one (1) entry into the Promotion (an “Entry” or “Entries”). At least one (1) Photograph and/or a portion of the Video must show the products donated in connection with your SIMPLE Service project for verification/substantiation purposes. Submission of additional Photograph(s) (up to a maximum of twenty (20)) and/or Video is optional, though Sponsor reserves the right to request additional photographs for verification/substantiation purposes. All Entries must be received no earlier than 12:00:00 a.m. CDT on May 15, 2015 and no later than 11:59:59 p.m. CDT on June 30, 2015 to be eligible for the Promotion. LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY PER PERSON/E-MAIL ADDRESS.
If more than the above stated number of Entries is received from the same person or from the same e-mail address on any given day, all Entries submitted from said person or e-mail address may be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to void all Entries made through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar Entry duplication method and to disqualify any individual using such method. Nominators may not enter more than the above stated number of times with multiple e-mail addresses nor may Nominators use any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or as multiple Nominators. Any Nominator who attempts to enter more than the above stated number of times with multiple e-mail addresses under multiple identities or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times may be disqualified and his/her Designated Organization may be required to forfeit any Organization Award, in Sponsor’s discretion. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a Nominator, such Entry will be deemed made by the person named on the Entry. Only one person’s name may be stated on the Entry form. Any Entries not in compliance with these Official Rules may be disqualified. By entering, Nominators agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
Essay Requirements: Essay must be Nominator’s own original creation, executed solely by Nominator, must be in English and at least one hundred (100) words in length. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s preexisting work does not qualify as Nominator’s own creation. By submitting an Entry, Nominator hereby warrants and represents that the Entry conforms to the Essay Requirements set forth herein. Entries that do not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified and will not be considered for the Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not monitor/screen Entries prior to posting them to the Website. By entering, Nominators acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry submitted.
Photograph and Video Requirements: Photographs and/or Video, if included in an Entry, must be Nominator’s own original creation. Photographs must be in one of the following file formats: .jpg, .png, or .tif. The file size for each Photograph and Video may not exceed twenty (20) megabytes.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, NOMINATOR ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE AT SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. By submitting an Entry, Nominator agrees that his/her Entry is freely made and made without restriction and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, and that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise use the ideas without any compensation to the Nominator/Designated Organization. Nominators acknowledge that Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than Nominator. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and Promotion Parties an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual license and right to publish, use, modify, edit and publicly perform the Entry (including, without limitation, the Essay and any Photographs and/or Video submitted) in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the Nominator or the Designated Organization.
General Submission Requirements: By submitting an Entry, Nominator warrants and represents that the Entry (including, without limitation, the Essay and any Photograph(s) and/or Video submitted): (a) is the Nominator’s original work; (b) has not been previously published; (c) has not won previous awards; (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) and that publication of the Essay, Photograph(s), and/or Video via various media including on the Website, will not infringe on the rights of any third party. Nominator agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any claims to the contrary.
Essays, Photographs, and Video cannot (a) be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, reference nudity or any materially dangerous activity; (b) promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) infringe trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses; (e) infringe copyrighted materials owned by others without permission; (f) contain materials embodying the names, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission; or (g) suggest, or itself be in violation of any law.
By accepting an Organization Award, the Designated Organization (and the Nominator who has submitted the winning Entry) agrees that the winning Entry (including, without limitation, the Essay and any submitted Photograph(s) and/or Video) will be deemed a “Work Made For Hire” under the Copyright Laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then such Designated Organization and Nominator agree to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor all of his/her/their right, title and interest in and to the winning Entry, including, but not limited to, all copyright and trademark rights which they may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Such Designated Organization and Nominator also hereby waive in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that either may now or later have to the selected Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the selected Essay and/or any submitted Photograph(s) and/or Video, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, Nominator and/or an authorized representative of the Designated Organization shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the Essay and/or any submitted Photograph(s) and/or Video and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
ESSAYS, PHOTOGRAPHS, AND VIDEOS POSTED TO THE WEBSITE ARE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL NOMINATOR AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Sponsor reserves the right to waive any Entry submission requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her Entry that fails to comply with the criteria set forth herein prior to the end of the Nomination Period. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Nominators and/or Designated Organizations. If you think that any Essay, Photograph, or Video infringes your intellectual property rights, email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to report it.
4. WINNER SELECTION:
- JUDGING AND FINALIST SELECTION: After the end of the Nomination Period, on or about July 10, 2015, all Entries will be judged by an independent panel of judges selected by Sponsor based on the following judging criteria: (1) the apparent and likely impact of the Nominator’s SIMPLE Service project (34%); (2) the quality of the tools and resources used to assist other individuals in connection with Nominator’s SIMPLE Service project (33%); and (3) creativity and originality of the Nominator’s Entry (33%) (“Judging Criteria”). The fifteen (15) Entries with the highest total scores based on the above Judging Criteria will be deemed the potential finalist entries, subject to confirmation of eligibility (“Finalist Entries”). In the event of a tie for the last Finalist’s place, all such tied Entries shall be deemed Finalist Entries.
- PUBLIC VOTING AND WINNER SELECTION: During the Voting Period, members of the public will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite Finalist Entry by visiting Champions for Kids Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/ChampionsForKids, and following the on-screen instructions to select and vote for an Entry. Limit one (1) vote per person/Facebook account/email address per day. For purposes of the Voting Period, a “day” is defined as 12:00:00 a.m. to 11:59:59 p.m. CDT. Any attempt by any Nominator and/or his/her family/friends to vote more than the number of times authorized herein using multiple names, email addresses, or Facebook accounts; utilize any other fraudulent mechanism; and/or otherwise engage in unsportsmanlike conduct in connection with the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to disqualify the Nominator and his/her Entry in its sole discretion. Votes sent from foreign IP addresses may be disqualified, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. At the end of the Voting Period, the Designated Organization specified in the Finalist Entry with the most votes will be the potential winner of the First Place Organization Award (as defined below), subject to verification. The two (2) Designated Organizations specified in the Finalist Entries with the second- and third-highest number of votes will each receive a Second Place Organization Award (as defined below), subject to verification. The five (5) Designated Organizations specified in the Finalist Entries with the fourth-, fifth-, sixth-, seventh-, and eighth-highest number of votes will each receive a Third Place Organization Award (as defined below), subject to verification. (Each a "Potential Winning Designated Organization"). The Potential Winning Designated Organizations and the Nominators who submitted the corresponding winning Finalist Entries will be notified by telephone and/or email on or about August 31, 2015. In the event of a tie for an Organization Award, the tie breaker will be based on the original score received by the Finalist Entry under the above Judging Criteria. In the event there is still a tie, the tie breaker will be based on the highest score in the first Judging Criterion, continuing thereafter to each Judging Criterion in order, as needed, to break the tie.
5. ORGANIZATION AWARDS (3): First Place Organization Award (1): $10,000, awarded in the form of a check payable to the Designated Organization, to be used by the Designated Organization in its discretion. Second Place Organization Awards (2): $7,500, each awarded in the form of a check payable to the applicable Designated Organization, to be used by the Designated Organization in its discretion. Third Place Organization Awards (5): $5,000, each awarded in the form of a check payable to the applicable Designated Organization, to be used by the Designated Organization in its discretion. (Each an “Organization Award”). Prior to accepting an Organization Award on the Designated Organization’s behalf, the principal or other authorized representative of the Designated Organization must sign and return within fourteen (14) days of issuance any required documentation, including, but not limited to, an unmodified Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where permitted by law). Each Nominator must also sign and return within fourteen (14) days of issuance any required documentation, including, but not limited to, an unmodified Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release and a Publicity Release (where permitted by law).
6. AWARD RESTRICTIONS: Limit one (1) Organization Award per Designated Organization. By accepting an Organization Award, each Designated Organization and Nominator consents to the use of his/her/its name (including the organization logo/mascot/crest/insignia), photograph, quote(s), Essay, Photograph(s), Video, and/or likeness for advertising/publicity purposes in commerce and in any and all media worldwide without limitation or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Organization Awards are non-transferable. No award substitution or cash equivalent allowed except by the Sponsor who reserves the right to award an Organization Award of equal or greater value should an award or award component become unavailable. If any award notification is returned as undeliverable, or if a Designated Organization cannot be contacted for any reason, or if an authorized representative of the Designated Organization fails to execute and return required documentation within the time frame specified, Organization Award may be forfeited. Organization Awards not won and claimed by eligible Designated Organizations in accordance with the Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor and Promotion Parties. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of contact information of Nominators or Designated Organizations. An Organization Award (or any portion thereof) may not be sold, traded, transferred, assigned, or refunded. Any and all taxes on Organization Awards are the responsibility of the Designated Organization. Sponsor advises Potential Winning Designated Organizations to seek independent tax counsel prior to accepting an Organization Award.
7. GENERAL RELEASE: By accepting an Organization Award, each Winning Designated Organization and Nominator agree to release Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., Promotion Parties, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective employees, directors, officers, shareholders, agents, successors or assigns (collectively “Releasees”), from any and all claims, losses, actions, liability, or damage of any kind, whether actual, incidental or consequential, incurred with respect to participation in this Promotion, including, without limitation, the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any Organization Award.
8. OTHER CONDITIONS: Releasees are not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions/email messages/Entries/votes that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by the Sponsor or its agents for any reason, (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of Entries/votes, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries/votes, (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone, cable or satellite transmissions, damage to Nominators’ or any person’s computer and/or its contents, or causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion or (iv) any Entries/votes submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules. All incomplete or non-conforming Entries/votes may be disqualified. Sponsor and its agents are further not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate registration or entry information whether caused by Nominators, Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of the Entries/votes. Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for any errors, misprints, or typographical mistakes in any printed or electronic advertising of the Promotion. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, or if this Promotion or any Website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Promotion and processing of Entries/votes per these Official Rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by Nominators, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Promotion. In the event of termination of the Promotion, winners shall be selected in a manner deemed fair and equitable to the Sponsor.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH PERSON AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM HIM/HER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Promotion shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall apply Arkansas law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Sponsor will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by the AAA, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Sponsor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty (60) days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE DESIGNATED ORGANIZATIONS’ AND NOMINATORS’ INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER IF YOUR DESIGNATED ORGANIZATION DOES NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE TERMS.
BY ENTERING, EACH DESIGNATED ORGANIZATION AND NOMINATOR AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY DESIGNATED ORGANIZATION OR NOMINATOR BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND DESIGNATED ORGANIZATIONS AND NOMINATORS HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) DESIGNATED ORGANIZATIONS’ AND NOMINATORS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND DESIGNATED ORGANIZATIONS AND NOMINATORS IRREVOCABLY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY DESIGNATED ORGANIZATION AND/OR NOMINATOR.
10. WINNER LIST: For the names of the Winning Designated Organizations, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Champions for Kids Summer Strong Simple Service Promotion Designated Organizations List, 26 West Center Suite 215, Fayetteville, AR 72701, no later than August 30, 2015.
11. FACEBOOK: This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook. The Nominators/voters understand that they are providing information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion must be directed to the Sponsor and not Facebook.
12. SPONSOR: The Promotion is sponsored by Champions for Kids, 26 West Center, Suite 215, Fayetteville, AR 72701.